In this podcast Shane Hastie, Lead Editor for Culture & Methods, spoke to Kevin Callahan about positive organisational design and organisations as complex systems.
- Positive organisation development starts with areas where you are strong and builds on those, rather than focusing on weaknesses and negative areas
- Involving people to open up “what could be” which starts a change effort that makes it possible to achieve
- Start by trusting that people want to do amazing work
- Organisations are complex systems and need to be treated as such
- In complex systems the balance of pressures is necessary, and in many organisations one or other area becomes predominant (eg revenue or cost saving pressure) and this causes the system to become brittle