Hi, I’m Kevin Callahan.
For more than two decades, across industries and organizations of all sizes, I’ve been bringing people together to navigate complex environments.
And here’s what I know to be true:
- People are the hearts, minds, and hands of our organizations
- Together, we can go farther and be more amazing
- Complexity is not the same as “increasingly complicated”
With Leadership Wayfinding, I enable leaders, teams, and organizations to adapt and thrive in the face of new challenges and evolving circumstances.
If change is breaking what worked in the past — Leadership Wayfinding offers a new path forward.
The kinds of change we need today can’t be managed or catalyzed
Solutions effective in the past may not be what we need now
We need to accurately identify and adapt to changing circumstances
Leadership Wayfinding is anchored in personal practice and partnership. I walk the path with you using a very specific lens: the understanding that sustained change efforts are built through the choices YOU make in the context YOU know best. And together, we create a path for you to travel forward.
I believe in people. And I believe that people respond best to being collaborated with, rather than done to.
- I coach individual leaders to respond more effectively to the complexity they face
- I guide teams at all levels to meaningfully engage and improve their work together
- I foster growing organizational agility to minimize risk and keep options open
With Leadership Wayfinding, I guide leaders, teams, and organizations as they build their paths forward — in the way that only they can.
The path I’ve traveled to formulate Leadership Wayfinding started 30 years ago as an outdoor and wilderness guide. For the past 25 years, I’ve been a software developer; a professional agilist on Scrum teams; since 2012 as an agile coach often operating at enterprise scales where the boundaries of agile practice blur and overlap with multiple other disciplines.
The thread that runs thorough all of these experiences has been my commitment to helping people feel safe even in discomfort — so they can have novel experiences that offer new possibilities, perspectives, and opportunities.
Today, I work internationally as a professional trainer, coach, mentor, speaker, and team member.
- Founding track author and recipient of the IC Agile Certified Expert in Enterprise Coaching (ICE-EC)
- Invited speaker at major global agile events (Agile2022, Global Scrum Gathering – Austin 2019)
I partner with leaders, teams, and organizations so they can find and explore their edges and discover what awaits beyond.
- Master of Science in Positive Organization Development and Change (MSPOD) from the Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University
- Authorized trainer for the International Agile Consortium (IC Agile)
- Invited speaker to major international and regional agile conferences
- Certificates in Appreciative Inquiry and Emotionally Intelligent Leadership and Coaching
- Certified Leadership Agility 360 Coach
- Certified Kolb Experiential Learning Profile Coach
In complexity, we can never quite know what will happen next. We must be able to adapt, innovate, and improvise.
With Leadership Wayfinding, I become a partner who supports and guides so that leaders, teams, and organizations can find their way — with courage, curiosity, and persistence.